Friday, January 25, 2008

Overheard in the middle of the night

C: "Mommy, I need to snuggle in your bed. I had a nightmare yesterday."

Chichimama: "Ulngh? A nightmare yesterday doesn't translate into a snuggle in my bed today."

C: "Huh. OK. Night Mom."

About five minutes later....

C: "Mommy? How about a snuggle in my bed? Because it was a scary dream you know."

Chichimama: "Do you want to tell me about it?"

C: "Well....I don't ACTUALLY remember it. But I am SURE it was scary."

Mommy: "C, I am tired. And if I don't go back to sleep I will be tired tomorrow, and if I am tired tomorrow than I may not be very nice, because I get cranky when I am tired. Much like a certain little boy I know."

C: "Oh fine." C stomps off to bed and almost wakes A.

Chichimama: "CRANKY C! I am already CRANKY!"

C: "Then clearly your bedtime is too late and we need to start making sure you go to bed earlier."